Hanging shoe organizers are the smartest way to hide your shoes behind the door. With this nifty little tool, you will be able to enhance the look of your apartment or rooms as you will be able to keep things organized much better.
And the use of hanging shoe organizers is not solely limited to shoes these days. People have come up with many smart ways to use their hanging shoe organizers these days.
Some use it in the kitchen as a snack rack, some use it as a bookcase, and some even use it to store their arts and crafts items. Regardless of what you use it for, the first step, of course, is to hang it up properly.
The good news here is that there are multiple ways to hang your shoe organizer, depending on where you want to hang it.
You can hang it on your wall, over your door, with or even without hooks if you want. But the process to hang it varies depending on how you want to approach it.
In this article, we will take a look at how to hang a shoe organizer in different ways and positions so that you can hang it up wherever you feel like it.
So without further ado, let us get started.
How to Hang Shoe Organizer on Wall
People typically hang a shoe organizer on the wall when they want to show whatever it is they are planning to store in it.
For instance, fantastic use of a hanging shoe organizer on the wall is hanging books in its pockets. The end result of hanging a shoe organizer this way is quite aesthetic.
Unfortunately, this hanging method requires a bit more effort than hanging them over the door with the built-in hooks. But if you are handy with a drill driver, then it should not be all that challenging for you.
The steps to hanging a shoe organizer on the wall are as follows –
- The first step is to drill two or three small holes in your wall, depending on how many books are there on your shoe organizer.
- You need to set up an anchor point on the wall for each of the hooks. A simple nail screw on the wall usually does the trick.
- Once you have installed the hooks on the wall, then you can simply hang the shoe organizer from there.
If you are planning to hang your shoe organizer on the wall, we recommend going with a mesh shoe organizer. Something like the KEEPJOY Over The Door Shoe Organizer can really spice up the look of your room with the right lighting and ambiance.
How to Hang Shoe Organizer on Door
Hanging a shoe organizer on the door is typically the easiest method of installing it.
You can simply buy an over the door style hanging shoe organizer with hooks like the MISSLO Over The Door Shoe Organizer 24 Large Mesh Pockets for an easy and hassle-free experience.
If you do not require so many shelves, you can go with something smaller. The installation does not require any additional tools.
As long as you have already bought the shoe organizer, you can install it right away. People usually hang shoe organizers behind the door when they want to keep the contents out of view.
Here is how you can hang a shoe organizer on your door –
- Locate the hooks on your over the door shoe organizer.
- Attach the hooks to the top part of the door. Typically, you want to have the shoe organizer on the inside part of the door.
- Voila, your shoe organizer is installed and ready to be used.
How to Hang a Shoe Organizer Without Hooks
You can also find many shoe organizers that do not come with hooks. The good thing about these units is that you do not need to drill any holes in your wall to install them.
As they do not rely on hooks, installation does not require any anchor point.
To hang over the door shoe organizer without hooks, you need to employ the use of double-sided tape.
Make sure you use a tape that features industrial-grade strength, as once you fill up the shoe organizer, it will be quite heavy. You do not want the organizer to come off because the tape cannot carry the weight.
Here are the steps to hanging a shoe organizer without hooks –
- Take your shoe organizer and hold it against the wall or the surface where you want to install it.
- Use a pencil to trace the sides of the organizer on the surface so that you know where to place the tape.
- After marking, attach the double-sided tape to the surface along the markings. Peel off the upper layer of the tape.
- Carefully attach the shoe organizer over the adhesive of the tape.
- For more safety, we recommend applying an extra layer of tape over the hanging shoe organizer.
If you are going for a hanging shoe organizer without hooks, there are many fantastic choices out there.
One of our favorite ones, though, is the Richards Homewares Over The Door Shoe Organizer with 26 pockets. Just make sure you take the hooks out of the unit before installing it.
A shoe organizer is no doubt a very handy accessory for your room. It lets you not only hide your dirty shoes away from sight behind the door but also gives you the opportunity to add some extra flair to your room.
We hope our article could give you some neat ideas on how to hang a shoe organizer. Now you should have no trouble installing it whether you want to hang it on the wall or without hooks.